So uh, I was nominated for my first Liebster Award?? This honestly does mean a lot to me and I would like to thank the lovely Jade Wheeler Blog for nominating me!
If you aren’t already following her, go do so! Her blog is really well laid out and there’s something that everyone can enjoy. Whether you’re into beauty, haircare, skincare or lifestyle posts, you’ll definitely find something to read and enjoy! I also love the mix of high end and drugstore reviews because it creates a really good range of items for people with all different budgets- for me, this is really helpful.
What on earth is a Liebster Award?
“The Liebster Award is given to bloggers by bloggers to help new blogs grow and connect with others in the blogging world.”
What are the rules?
•Put the award logo in your blog.
•Thank the person who nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
•Write a 150 – 300 word post on your favourite blog that is not your own. Explain why you like the blog, provide links.
•Answer your questions and provide 10 random facts about yourself.
•Nominate 5 – 11 people that you feel deserve the award, who have less than 200 followers.
•Ask your nominees questions.
•List the rules
So Melanie, what’s your favourite blog?
I actually don’t have one! I follow so many different types of blogs from cooking to beauty to fashion to study guides and all have different qualities that I can’t really put up against each other.
What makes a blog really good for me is when it’s well laid out, informative and makes me want to read other reviews and discover new products. Trust me, if someone can actually convince me to part with my money on an item, it must be a good review!
I do have a couple of blogs that I do go back to and read/catch up on a lot but I don’t have an outright favourite blog. I will read anything that interests me and a lot of the time, I will then go on to follow a blog and then either binge read or read as it appears on my feed.
But the 2 blogs I go back to most are:
Questions from Nomination
- What are your goals in life?
- If you had £1000, what would you spend it on? Makeup OR Clothes?
- What’s your favourite song?
- Do you have any bad habits? If so what are they?
- Are you scared of anything?
- My goals in life are probably to carry on working within a hospital and work to help people and to keep this blog growing. This blog has really helped me get back on my feet after I hit rock bottom in March and it’s been my pillar of support since, so to make something amazing out of this blog is the dream- almost a thank you to this blog!
- If I had £1000, it would probably go on clothes! My wardrobe is in dire need of a revamp and I don’t think at this moment, buying more makeup is entirely necessary so clothes it is.
- My favourite song? Dammit that’s hard. I’m going to give one oldie and one more recent song because I refuse to pick one. My favourite oldie is Common People by Pulp. I do prefer the full version and not the version I linked but I got into this song through my dad listening to it on the radio in the car. I can’t sit still and not sing/dance when it comes on and it’s probably my pick my up song. My favourite newer song is 1000% Thunder by Imagine Dragons. I don’t listen to Imagine Dragons all that often but it was on Absolute Radio on the way to work one morning and within the hour it was on my Spotify. I just love it.
- My bad habit is probably overthinking things. I do it far too often and it always lands me in trouble or I end up making myself upset so yeah, overthinking is the issue.
- Am I scared of anything? Spiders, snakes, failure, rejection… other little things like that but I can’t say I have a proper phobia anymore. It used to be needles and vomiting but these days, they no longer affect me.
10 random facts about me
- I have a cat called Max
- I study Hair and Media Makeup but used to study Music Technology so yes, I can produce music pretty well
- I live in an AONB
- I do have a slightly unhealthy addiction to KitKats and energy drinks
- My first ever full face of makeup was my prom look. I didn’t even practice it. I jumped straight in on the day with what limited products and knowledge I had and boom, instant addiction to makeup
- I prefer 80’s music
- I will only buy Nike trainers despite not doing sports. I don’t buy branded stuff often but Nike is my exception
- I work for NHS England as a Medical Laboratory Assistant
- I had braces many years ago
- My birthday is September 3rd 1999
- What is your favourite part of being a blogger? Why?
- If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be and why?
- Why did you create your blog?
- Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
- What is your favourite blog post you have written and what makes it your favourite?
Who do I nominate?
(I’m sorry if you have more than 200 followers!)
Thank you once again for the nomination! It really did make me very happy!
Lots of Love,